Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, May 25, 2013

"Lonely" – Postcard


© All Rights Reserved
This week’s Sunday Postcard Art challenge was “Party.”

I wanted to make something with a lot of confetti and streamers, and I ended up using the same background for two different pieces. I went where my muse took me. One direction led down this sad path. The other direction led down a celebratory path.

The vintage images are from an Internet search.

The words are from the song "Mr. Lonely" by Bobby Vinton.

Lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody for my own

The font is Napa SF.

3 comments:

Carletta said...

Lovely!
I remember that song. My Mom used to think Bobby Vinton was so handsome when we'd watch him on American Bandstand.

Deann said...

Still lively but the character adds a whole new feel...lovely work!

Ozstuff said...

I'm old enough to remember Bobby Vinton!! An unusual and beautiful approach to the party theme. Wonderful work.