Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

"Quote - Know Your Role" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Our Midweek Muse theme was "Quote".

I created this using GIMP 2.10.34

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

I have an invisible mark on my forehead, that broadcasts to people that they can tell me to Shut Up and Be Silent! Even people online, like Tom the Bully, tell me when I’m allowed to speak, and when I’m not, because I’m only allowed to have an opinion if it agrees with Tom’s opinions, otherwise he wants me to Shut The F*** Up.

Throughout my life, when I’ve stood up to Bullies, my life has gotten worse. I’m supposed to allow people to defecate all over me, and not say a word about it. But it’s not just Bullies: other people tell me to Shut The F*** Up because they matter more than I do, and I’m supposed to be Silent, while they do all of the talking.

So I know my role in life: it’s to Shut My Mouth and be SILENT while EVERYONE ELSE gets to talk.

"Know your role and Shut Your Mouth!"

Dwayne Johnson The Rock WWE

5 comments:

Deann said...

This made me laugh, very wise advice, and a lovely card. Great job as always.

Michele said...

your art is beautiful and i am fine with you speaking up however you like! xo

CJ Kennedy said...

Though in some cases your quote or a paraphrase Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut is good in most situations. There are times when you have to speak up for yourself.

Taluula said...

Well, that's her told then. :D I love it Anne.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This reminds me of what the Montana House of Representatives has done to Trans Zooey Zephy. They so much as told her the same thing. Now she's been banned from the chamber, although she can still vote remotely. She can't debate any issues, though.