Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

"Torches And Pitchforks" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I created this using GIMP 2.10.30

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

I am surrounded by Greatness, everywhere I turn: people who are Smarter than I am, Better than I am. They are the Superior People, and I bow down to their Greatness.

They are the “Hate has no home here” “Acceptance of all” “Stereotypes are offensive” “Words hurt and can’t be taken back” “I believe in Science” Superior People.

They say “Words hurt and can’t be taken back” then apply derogatory descriptions to those who don’t agree with their opinions, so it’s acceptable for them to label people who choose not to get the covid-19 vaccine “anti-vaxxers”, “stupid”, and worse.

They are the Smart Ones on this Planet, who tell me, “Science Says 3 feet social distancing inside Connecticut public schools is covid-19 safe, but everywhere else, it has to be 6 feet social distancing to be covid-19 safe.” They also tell me, “Science Says 100% of the people currently hospitalized in the US with covid-19 are unvaccinated.”

They are the “un-selfish” ones, who call the covid-19 unvaccinated “selfish”, “uncaring”, “self-centered”, and worse. Yet they didn’t use those same adjectives to describe the fully vaccinated Americans who brought Omicron into the United States, back in November 2021, when those fully vaccinated Americans were “allowed” to travel outside of the US. Apparently recreational travel is now on the list of necessities in life, like food and water are, so it’s not selfish to travel anywhere, near or far, for one’s own personal enjoyment.

The Superior People are allowed to state their opinions about any topic they want to, but I, being a Lesser Being than they are, am supposed to remain silent, and listen, without saying a word in reply. I am only allowed to nod my head in agreement with every single Intelligent thing they say (or write). Because if I do dare to speak up, and say one single thing that disagrees with their Far Superior Opinions, it is banishment for me, in one form or another.

I am far from Perfect. I try to take a live and let live approach with everyone, and sometimes I fail in my efforts to be that way. But I don’t claim to be all of the Exalted things that the Superior People claim that they are (“Hate has no home here” “Acceptance of all” “Stereotypes are offensive” “Words hurt and can’t be taken back” “I believe in Science”), but who then only follow those rules with people who agree with them, and treat those who don’t agree with them with the exact opposite of what they assert are their Kinder, Gentler, Better Than You rules!

I don’t care if my post offends people. And actually, how could it? If any of the Superior People even read this, they’ll be thinking, “She’s not describing me.” Because, after all, the Superior People are the smart, unselfish, caring, loving “Hate has no home here” “Acceptance of all” people. They NEVER say or write hurtful words about, or to, anyone.

It is Holy Week. Ironically, the readings leading up to this week were about the parable about the Pharisee and the tax collector. April 4, 2022: “Luke says that Jesus was speaking to those who were self-righteous, holding other people in contempt.” “Being righteous involves a certain “better-than-thou” attitude towards others.”

From now on, I will leave the Superior People (SP) to their Greatness, and to their Torches And Pitchforks (TAP).

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

No comments: