Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

"T Stands For Teddy And Sip Sip Hooray Tea" - Photograph

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for this week's T Stands For challenge found here.

This is my summation of the past week months:

Teddy will be serving double duty as my main image plus as my "T-Day ticket" for my T-Day posts.

At the beginning of the year, Teddy and I took a break from most of our usual blogger site visits and activity. In the first week of May, I was planning on rejoining Tea Tuesday, because we missed the T-Gang (as I affectionately like to call the group). 

Unfortunately, that is when I suffered a thumb / hand / wrist strain type injury that sidelined me from a lot of things. Many two handed tasks became difficult or impossible to do. And I'm not complaining, because there are many who have much worse health problems than I do.

Typing on a keyboard was mostly reduced to a slow one finger hunt and peck style. The injury recovery has been slow, also, but it has been steadily improving over the weeks that turned into months. When I was initially able to type again, my wrist would quickly start to ache and feel strained, limiting how much typing I could do before needing to stop. I think I am finally able to type well enough for long enough that I'll be able to leave comments for everyone (as opposed to a copy/paste same message for everyone, which I don't like doing). I'm still not 100% recovered, with some motions still causing pain, but I am almost back to normal.

For those who may remember Teddy's frequent use of hybearbole, he claims he has been doing "all" of the work around the house for the past several months, including, but not limited to: cooking, cleaning, laundry, mowing, etc. Teddy said the conditions here have been unbearable, and that "the cat" gets to sleep all day, while Teddy does all of the work. ;-)

16 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Teddy definitely sounds overworked. Did he also make all the many postcards and warnings you have posted recently?

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

So nice to see Teddy and you back for T Day! I've missed you. Glad the hand/wrist injury is doing better. Teddy made me laugh with his hybearbole. Sounds like Teddy needs a change of scenery. Send him here. I have lots of cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. 😺

J said...

Ann I’m sorry to hear you have had an injury, these things too take time so be careful not to overdo it typing.
Teddy sounds like my DH who likes to say he does everything, LOL
Happy T Day
Jan

Valerie-Jael said...

Poor teddy having to do so much work, I hope he likes housework more than I do. Hope your arm continues to improve, happy T Day, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Poor Teddy-smiles-so glad to read you are more on the mends-it takes forever to heal as we get older. I was out over 6 weeks not being able to get back to my rock-garden project do to my knees-they still are not right so have to be extra careful-so I feel your pain-hugs
Good to see you and Teddy again Happy T Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Poor long-suffering Teddy ;) I'm glad your hand strain is improving. Sip Sip Hooray is such a fun name for a tea. The name alone would get folks to buy it. Happy T Tuesday!

Kate Yetter said...

It's been a while since we have seen you at T day, Anne. So glad to have you back. Sorry to hear about your finger injury but it is good that it has healed well enough for you to type again.
I wish I had a "Teddy" do all my house work. Lucky you!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, I hope you're feeling much better and Teddy isn't too tired out ...lol 😀. It's so nice to see you back here for T Day again, I missed chatting to you and Teddy! I have problems typing too, I use the "speech to text" App on Google which takes some getting use too but helps a lot. Take care and sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Its good to see you back for T Anne. I hope the thumb/wrist/hand injury has healed. I bet Teddy has been busy around your house- smile- and I am sure he wants to credit for so many things he shouldn't How fun. Hope you're having a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Poor Teddy. It's certainly good to see you and Teddy joining us for T again and this week is wonderful. SO glad to learn what has sidelined you for so long. It certainly sounds painful.

I hate that Teddy had to do all the work around the place while you were not able to, but I'm glad to read the cat is healthy and sleeping all day (which is what cats do!).

Thanks for sharing Teddy and his page from a magazine with us for T this Tuesday, dear Anne.

Carola Bartz said...

Im so sorry about your injury and the long long recovery. That must have been very frustrating many times I assume. It would throw me entirely off. I hope you will soon be completely recovered.

nwilliams6 said...

Ann, glad you are able to get back to some things and give Teddy a break! Hope things continue to get better and happy T-day!!!

Lisca said...

If Teddy wants sympathy he’s not getting it from me. I’m quite sure he did not do all the work.
You’re the one that needs the sympathy with your hand/wrist problems. Yes I know there are always people worse off, but your sort of problem is a darn nuisance! I’m glad you are recovering.
I had to smile at the name of that tea (sip sip hurray).
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

I am glad you are back. I have missed you. I miss sometimes, and so thought I had missed something. Take it easy. Let Teddy work. :) Happy T Day!

DVArtist said...

Glad to see you back. Teddy needs a break.

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's OK Anne, we know that Teddy can tell good tale! I hope you are much better now, and the rest of your recovery goes well! Hugs, Chrisx