Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, March 24, 2018

"Sewing" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Sewing (with a dress form included)."

I'm not sure if this is a true dress form that I used, but this is what I made. The background text is from a sewing instruction book.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.22.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

10 comments:

Rika said...

stunning,
love the sewing lady.

Sabine said...

beautiful postcard. Thanks for joining this challenge.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh..., Ih think Your girl has a mutch to do. ;-) Great playing. Like, how You arranged all the differents elements.

Deann said...

I like this it reminds me of the good old days when I used to do a lot of sewing...great postcard.

Lori Saul said...

Wow wonderful vintage imagery - a great postcard from a bygone era!

Annie said...

I’d say it’s close enough. No one ever said a dressform had to not have arms and a head. I just love this look back a clothing sewing. I’m so done with that phase though! But being a sewer, I just have to check out everyone’s postcards this week for the dressform theme.

Cindy McMath said...

Fun card - I like the images you’ve found. They all fit together wonderfully.

Mandy Chilvers said...

not technically a dressform but still a lovely postcard.

peggy gatto said...

How very sweet!

Rosie said...

An amazing card, dear Anne

Happy Easter to you and yours