Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013

"The Machine" – Postcard


© All Rights Reserved
I attempted to make a patina Steampunk postcard after watching SanDee1899's Steampunk Patina background tutorial, but unfortunately my first attempt to duplicate the method digitally didn't work out the way I wanted it to.

Within GIMP, I used GMIC filter GMIC - Contours - Local orientation to create a raised texture on the machine image. I added a layer mask to it, to exclude everything on the layer except for the part that overlaid the original image. I then set the layer mode to Screen, with the original image on the layer beneath it. I added a copper color layer on top of it, with the layer mode set to Burn. I added a drop shadow, and I used a Selection bevel script on the text. The background color was Bump Mapped with a copper texture image.

The vintage machine image is from an Internet search.

The font is Belfast Heavy SF Bold.

No comments: