Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, June 4, 2011

"Boat" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
This week’s Sunday Postcard Art challenge was “Boat.” I went in an unconventional direction, but this is where my muse took me. If I get time, I might make another entry, because I started another postcard for this theme, but haven't completed it yet. Today is a top 10 day here, so now I need to enjoy the outdoors.

The words are from the poems Inland and Exiled by Edna St. Vincent Millay.

Searching my heart for its true sorrow,
This is the thing I find to be:
That I am weary of words and people,
Sick of the city, wanting the sea;
People the waves have not awakened,
Spanking the boats at the harbor's head...

What do they long for, as I long for
One salt smell of the sea once more?

Screaming to God for death by drowning--
One salt taste of the sea once more?

1 comment:

Linda Gibbons said...

This is terrific! It is unconventional, but fits the theme perfectly. The poem is very compelling. I like this one best.