Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

"Metropolis Steampunk" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Steampunk."

This is one of my favorite themes, but I always struggle to create artwork for it. Once again, I've used the Maria robot from Metropolis. However, the gears and everything else in the background are new images that I haven't used before. One thing I'm trying to do for my artwork in the new year (2019) is to make use of images that I haven't used previously.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.8.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

If you're interested in seeing parts of the movie Metropolis, I've provided some links that give some context to my art piece:

Metropolis - Maria montage to song Here She Comes by Bonnie Tyler

Metropolis - Freder fever and Evil Maria sequence

5 comments:

bockel24 said...

For me, your card is all about balance - and that´s perfect. Thanks for playing!

Deann said...

Fabulous Steampunk beautiful work.

Mandy Chilvers said...

ooohhh i love this... so unusual and graphical. wonderful Anne

Cindy McMath said...

That central image is perfect, and you’ve really added some great steampunk elements - great card!

hazel said...

An amazing card, I love the main image.
xxx Hazel.