Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Great Blue Herons Fighting - Photograph

  © All Rights Reserved
  © All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
This is 4 of 5 posts of photographs that I took of a Great Blue Heron at Southport Beach in Fairfield, CT this past week.

While I was taking photos of a lone Great Blue Heron, I noticed another one flying toward the area, and thought how lucky I would be, to get to photograph two. To my surprise, the second heron flew directly into the first one, and a fight ensued. The scene unfolded and ended quickly. My photographs of the fight are slightly blurry.

When the fight was over, one heron flew away. I'm not sure which one remained, but it is the one I continued to photograph.

The second photograph is my entry for the following:

Camera Critters
I'd Rather Be Birding
Saturday's Critters

3 comments:

Anni said...

How awesome to get some great 'action' shots. Mostly Blue Herons sit like lawn ornaments; still and motionless. You did great!!!

Thanks for sharing these awesome images for this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I've never seen heron fighting. That is cool but I am glad the one flew away safely and not hurt. Great photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and week ahead!

NatureFootstep said...

wow, that´s a fight for sure with those big birds. Glad it did not last long :) Thanks for sharing the photos :)