Legal Notice


Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

This is an ad-free blog
zone. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this site.)

Translate

Thursday, April 17, 2014

"April" – Tag

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
I created this for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2014 - April  challenge.

This is my first time entering on his site, and this probably violates the rules because it is all digital, but I decided to make it after seeing Astrid's beautiful tag. (Sometimes I print my tags, but I need to replace the ink cartridge, so I didn't print and hole punch this one yet.)

I mimicked Tim's steps to create my tag, and have shown my intermediate layers as I progressed. This is what I did:

1) I cut out clippings from a marriage and obituary scrap book and glued them to a Number 8 size tag. (Because Tim's tag had dark areas on the edges, I painted some dark brown brush strokes on the base tag first.)

2) I painted green over most of the tag, blotted it by erasing some of the color, then painted lighter color splats to mimic the water spray droplets. (I need to find a better method for this part, because I didn't achieve the same look as Tim's tag.)

3) I created a lodge lattice and placed sections of it down on the tag. (I painted the lodge lattice with a few colors to achieve a mottled look.)

4) I added cut out music sheet, mirror, and cork pieces to insert into the lodge lattice. (I tried several methods to make the pieces look like they were laying within the openings, but none of them worked, so the end result has them looking like they are underneath the lodge lattice. I need to find a better method for this part also.)

5) I added the ribbon, flowers, and leaves behind the flowers to complete the tag. (The leaves were cut out of the marriage and obituary scrap book.) I chose not to add something dangling from the bottom of the tag.

I spent more hours than I care to admit to, in creating this, but I am happy with the end result.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.10.

The vintage images are from a DuckDuckGo search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love this tag and it is cool the way you showed the step by step of how you got there. This sounds like it was very enjoyable time well spent!

ßeulah ßee said...

Interesting technique and I don't think there are any "rules" per se. What counts here is the lovely interpretation and great composition. Very nice, indeed!