Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, September 11, 2009

"The Moon" - Tarot Card

© All Rights Reserved
This week’s Three Muses challenge was “Moonstruck,” where the theme was anything involving the moon. This is one of my favorite themes! I decided to make a tarot card, which I just started doing as my own theme, but I’m not necessarily using the same names as the original deck. I used several images to create this, and reconstructed half of the moon before further modifying the overall appearance of it.

14 comments:

Willy said...

What a beauty! Fantastic tarot card, Anne.

indybev said...

I have always loved this painting of John Waterhouse. He uses this same model in many of his paintings. You've used the image beautifully, Anne.

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous, Anne!

.Trudi Sissons said...

Well done! I wonder who the real model was? Now I have to see if I can find out!

AliMayes said...

This is absolutely fabulous Anne ! I love all those Pre-Raphaelite paintings.
Ali xx

Eila A said...

This is absolutely beautiful! And so are the other tarot cards you have made - it will be a stunning deck.

Judy said...

Fabulous card, Anne!

Taluula said...

This makes an absolutely amazing Tarot card Anne, high Kudos to you.

Terri Kahrs said...

Simply stunning! Lovely use of the image. This will be a gorgeous deck, and sooo personal! Hugs, Terri

Ozstuff said...

Sorry that my comment is so late, Anne. I have had a very hectic week and that is putting it mildly. Your use of the image is exquisite. This is a breathtaking piece for this week's challenge. Wonderful artwork, great idea.

José said...

This is very beautiful! When all the cards have this quality you should find a publisher. Great work!

Poeticthnkr said...

Oh this is so beautiful Anne! I love it!!! It's perfect! ;)
mmmmmmm...now you have me thinking that I should create my own set of tarot cards too! lol
The thought had crossed my mind in the past but now I should seriously do it. =D
You have some really wonderful creations here Anne.

Mary said...

This is so beautiful! Very well composed and tarot card is an interesting format.

Jean said...

Anne, what a great approach to the theme "moonstruck"!!!I love your tarot card design. I can't wait to see more.