Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

"Memories" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Our Midweek Muse theme was "Memories".

This doesn't really count as an art piece, because all I did was add the image to the bottom of this, and the Carnival text from a different image.

I won't word this correctly or well, but someone once told me the reason why only children are happy is because they live in the now, while young adults live thinking about the future, and older adults live thinking about the past.

He was right.

I have reached a finality of disillusionment with life. That has occurred gradually, over time, with each successive event that has happened to me, with the last nail in the coffin on October 3, 2023. If only I could predict the winning power ball numbers, the way I can accurately predict what people will do. But I digress.

For various reasons, I also now look at my fond memories of childhood with a jaded eye. Someone once said to me, "It's easy to say "I love" with a tear in your eye. But love isn't what you say - It's what you do." And how right she was, except not in the way she was conveying her venom about and toward me.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.34

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

-----

One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

A quarrel is quickly settled when deserted by one party; there is no battle unless there be two. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

All things are passing. - St. Theresa of Avila


Now don't hang on
Nothin' lasts forever but the earth and sky

Dust In The Wind - Kansas

4 comments:

Deann said...

The darkness only stays the night time
In the morning it will fade away
Daylight is good at arriving at the right time
It's not always gonna be this grey
All things must pass
All things must pass away - George Harrison

Perfect picture, not all memories bring joy, wise and thoughtful words my friend.

pchickki said...

Sweet composition :)

Taluula said...

Anne I can only say Deann has said everything that can be said and I second it. Sending caring thoughts.

peggy gatto said...

This is so endearing!