Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, May 25, 2009

"Gothic Arch" – Garden Sprite (problem with uploaded image)

Since I started doing the Sunday Postcard Art challenges, when I look at everyone’s postcards, I’ve noticed some people have been doing a “Gothic Arch” challenge. Their creations looked wonderful and it looked like a really cool challenge. But I was a novice, so I didn’t venture beyond SPA. Recently, I started looking for new ones to do, to expand on my creativity. I’ve done two Tag It On challenges, and I’m thinking about doing the Art Creations Friday one. I looked into the Gothic Arch challenge, but it’s by invitation only. So, I made my own, after I saw what someone said the theme was, even though I don’t know what the rules/requirements are for making one. I’m just doing this for myself, to have fun.

First, I created a Gothic Arch template. I got the arch from Clipart ETC and modified it. Then I colored it. The end result is the template I will use every time I do a Gothic Arch challenge, but I don’t know how often that will be.

Technical notes to myself: Something is very wrong with the image uploaded to my blog. The arch (background) is very blurry, but it doesn't look that way on my computer. And I see the pixel "ghost" problem on the blog, but that isn't in my image. Awwrrrr!!! I might have to yank this post. The picture looks awful! :-(

Tue May 26, 2009 19:25: I had to compromise and change the arch color to green. After spending a lot of time on this, and even adding lines for the stone blocks, I still had a problem with blue colors appearing blurry when I uploaded the image. TODO: I need to revisit this problem, to determine what it is.

1 comment:

Mary said...

These are really cool - I like the second one the best!