Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"The Dream" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
I made a song/romantic vintage piece.

The aria (song) is "I Dreamt I Dwelt in Marble Halls" and is from The Bohemian Girl by Michael William Balfe.

The background is layers of old book pages. I cut the hearts and stars out of a background that I had created using old book pages. There is also a subtle diamond stencil pattern in this.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.16.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

This piece is my entry for the following:

Moo Mania Hearts
Tuesday's Treasures

14 comments:

Halcyon said...

Very pretty! I love anything with hearts. :)

Tom said...

Your creativity seem to be boundless Anne. Thanks for sharing at Tuesday's Treasure. I look forward to your next creation.

Rosie said...

Just gorgeous, Anne

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Your work is amazing - love love love hearts.

froebelsternchen said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Anne! Great!
Thank you very much for linking to Moo Mania & More!
oxo
Susi

Arti said...

Your Dream-card would also be a nice gift for Valentine Day, a gorgeous work

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful hearty card, thanks so much for joining us at Moo Mania and More, Valerie

Christine said...

I think it is so pretty! Beautifully designed! So sweet for Valentines!

Cranberry Morning said...

This is just beautiful!

Electra said...

I really like this, it should be hanging in a gallery! Sorry I have not been by, just got my computer back from the dead!

A Colorful World said...

Lovely!

My name is Erika. said...

Very Valentin-ish- if that is a word. Love your background- really like the layers. have a wonderful Valentine weekend. :)

Mary said...

This is lovely!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful creation.