Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2016

"Celtic Orange" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
This week’s Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Orange."

I wasn't sure if this was a color or fruit challenge, so I went with color.

I started with two old book pages that I combined into one. Next, I added text strips about the moon and night from a white old book page. Then I added Celtic related orange text strips. I used an orange blank old book page to cut out stars that I placed throughout the postcard. I completed the piece by adding the birds and flowers.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.16.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

Last Friday night (actually Saturday starting around 1am) into Sunday morning, I got about 1 foot of snow where I live, from the Blizzard that shutdown the tri-state area. But by the end of this week, a lot of that snow has melted down.

12 comments:

Lori Saul said...

Wow fantastic imagery and creative design to this wonderful post card Anne!

Rosie said...

This is fantastic, Anne

Willkommen auf meiner Kreativseite. said...

It's fantastic!

Anonymous said...

We have a celtic village here originally restaurated. Must have been a time, that we cannot imagine!
your wonderful card reminds me to that!
P.

Linda Gibbons said...

Lovely bit of ancient lore. Love the old book bits.

Karla B said...

Magical piece Anne!

Deann said...

Beautiful so well staged and carried out this is excellent.

Kay Wallace said...

I dub you Queen of Layering, Anne! This is magnificent!

Annie said...

There is so much to discover in this piece! It's beautiful in appearance and in the words to read. You're very talented creating this on the computer. I can barely change a photo from light to dark let alone put pieces together. This postcard is so nicely done.

Deborah said...

Fruit or colour, it's completely open. I love your use of the colour here, Anne. Beautiful and intriguing.

Kimbopolo said...

Beautiful imagery, color, and balance.
Kim

Jutta said...

Love that your entry is a word collage!