Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, February 1, 2014

"Favorite Technique / Tim Holtz Style" – Tag

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
This week’s Tag Along challenge #23 was "Your Favourite Technique."

This week's Artful Times challenge #48 was "a Tag, Card or ATC in the style of Tim Holtz."

I don't know that I have a favorite technique, and I wasn't sure what qualified as "Tim Holtz style" so I did an Internet search for images, then winged it. Many of the artists who enter the challenges that I participate in create beautiful pieces in styles that I wish I could emulate, so this was my attempt at doing that. I am happy with my end result, and hope I can continue making more pieces in this style, which might not qualify as "Tim Holtz style."

I based my design on a conglomeration of several inspiration pieces, including image and color ideas taken from a Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations post, as well as images found using a DuckDuckGo search for "Tim Holtz style" artwork.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.10.

The vintage images are from a DuckDuckGo search.

The words are from the Encyclopedia Britannica.

The font is Weathered SF.

7 comments:

Von said...

Thank you for joining us at Artful Times Anne, it certainly has a feel of Tim Holtz about it :)
Von ☺

mark gould said...

Thanks for joining in over at tav along. I love the coulour and text back ground. Very Tim holtzy. The dragon fly is a loverly touch x

chrissie said...

Wonderful work on this and looks Tim Holtz style to me.

Lovely to have you join us at Artful Times for the challenge

Chrissie x

Deborah said...

Fantastic tag, Anne. I'd say it's very Tim Holtz, especailly the colours.

Deann said...

A wonderful tag Anne and I adore your merganser photos so beautiful.

WendyK said...

Your tag has worked very well, and fits the Tim style.

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous tag! Definitely Timmy style. xx