Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Journal Skin

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
I created a "Journal Skin" to cover my weekly planner/journal with, so I can change it out over time. I'm using this weekly planner/journal for The Documented Life Project.

I created the Journal Skin using GIMP 2.8.8. I created an 8 and 1/2" wide by 11" high template page, with a 1.4375" top and bottom seam, and 2" right side seam. I positioned the 5 and 1/8" wide by 8 and 1/8" high cover to the left of the 2" seam. I added a 1 and 1/2" wide by 3/4" high rectangle where the date on the planner was, so it could be cut out after printing.

I used three postcards that I had made in the past to decorate my Journal Skin, and the skin image extends into the book spine area. I printed the skin, along with a second template page that was just the background, folded them along the seams, put them onto the journal, then glued them together with an Elmer's glue stick.

The master index for all of my entries is here.

1 comment:

froebelsternchen said...

Looks fab Anne!
Happy 2014!
xxx
Susi