© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights ReservedThis week’s Artful Times challenge #25 was "Alcohol Inking."
After doing an internet search, I decided I wanted to create a domino using the marbled effect.
Although my piece is digital, I tried to replicate the mottled marbled look by using a "veined marble texture" GIMP script that I had written a few years ago. It doesn't create the mottled look that I wanted to match, but I thought I could try applying a filter to it, to achieve that end result. I used the GMIC Steampunk Pencil filter on it, but it still didn't look right.
My end results are an abysmal failure. The only reason I've posted them is as a reminder to myself to revisit this technique, and come up with a method of creating the same mottled marbled look that I wanted to achieve.
All of the stamps are from Clipart ETC. (See the side of my blog for links.)
I used the following colors:
Tiger - c5b47c Lake Mist
Man - d6a898 Shell Pink