Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Up, up, and away" - "Hot Air Balloons"

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
This week’s Three Muses challenge was “Up, up, and away.” The only thing I could think of was a hot air balloon. I created my postcard using two images, which I merged together and modified about 40% of. I thought the fish hot air balloon was unusual and unique, so I created a “fishing” theme for it.

I had first tried to create my own hot air balloon. I checked some tutorials, but ended up making mine “from scratch” because I had problems with the path tool. But I wasn’t quite satisfied with the end result.

After creating my “fishing” theme postcard, I decided to combine a cool looking basket with a different balloon top. (The original image barely showed the balloon.) This was mostly an exercise in erasing, and combining two large images, which I haven’t done before. I added the guide wires over the original ones, to extend them to connect to the new balloon. I also created the sky background for it. Then I added a flock of birds from a third picture (more erasing), because their flight pattern fit with her releasing the birds.

26 comments:

Ozstuff said...

I don't know which part of your challenge entry I enjoyed more - your wonderful picture, or your description of how you created it. Fantastic work and great imagination! I am so impressed with your digital skills and your ingenuity. Take a bow!!

Mary said...

Wow... both of your hot air balloon scenes are really great! Very creative pieces. Somehow this reminds me a little bit of Jules Verne.

indybev said...

I go along with the Jules Verne thought, and I agree these display amazing skill and creativity. Take a bow, Miss Anne. Ya did good!!!

"MOI" Freubel said...

Oh my !!
These air balloons are ALSO so great found Anne !
By google ??
Well done !!
******
Thanks for discribe how you made your entry !

LynnF said...

Wonderful work, Anne! Wow! LynnF

Lori Saul said...

Wonderfully creative work- both entries are fantastical and amazing!

Terri Kahrs said...

Your digital expertise is amazing! Perfection! Hugs, Terri xoxo

WildGoose said...

That fish shape is quite unusual; and the whole card looks like a really vintage post-card with your keyed-down colours...

...and the second started with a basket? Now that's sure good thinkin'!
Very successful addition with that flock of birds in flight...quite whimsical!

lorhen82 said...

The fish is the most unique, but my favorite is the second one...really lovely! ~Lori

Murphangel said...

Fantastic take on the challenge - and thanks to you for the story of your journey through creating your pictures. I am very taken with your very own hot air balloon.

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow wow these are fantastic. Absolutely perfect for the theme.

Anonymous said...

They all look great

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Beautiful art piece! Terrific imagery.

José said...

You obviously had a lot fun creating these wonderful pieces. My favourite is the fishy one.

Nan said...

So impressed with your work! I love both images. The fish is so unusual and the bird lady is beautiful!

Sonia Brock said...

I love your fish airship!

Taluula said...

I just love to hear how artists achieve their end result so it was great to following your journey. So much work and so much skill have ended in beautiful pieces of art for which I applaud you. Bravo.

Jayne said...

These are great!!!

Eila A said...

Anne, your balloon cards are great original works! And we can see, that balloons are cabable for many things.

Dianne Adams said...

Loved reading your processes. Your art turned out great.

Diane said...

This challenge sure brought out the giddy in a lot of us! I enjoyed your fish/balloon combo!

Martina said...

WOW...this is awesome...gorgeous work

Elegia said...

Oh my, All of these are amazing work! I couldn't even decide which one is my favorite. The fishing theme in the first pic is very funny and extraordinary.

Thank you for sharing all these images, I really enjoy watching!

Judy said...

Brilliant designing, Anne, certainly very whimsical!

AliMayes said...

Love the balloons - especially the fishy one!
Ali xx

Janny said...

They are great!