Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, February 16, 2013

"StazOn Color Technique" – ATC


© All Rights Reserved
This week’s Artful Times challenge #23 was "Colour Technique" where you were supposed to choose a color technique to use to create your piece.

After doing an internet search and seeing a lot of beautiful artwork, I watched the StazOn Technique video to learn how to do it.

Although my piece is digital, I followed the same techniques shown in the video. I chose my stamps, then applied masks to maintain "keep out regions" for previously stamped areas. I used a sponge brush in GIMP to apply the ink colors. Finally, I simulated a white Gelly Roll Pen by drawing lines on top of the image after I was done coloring it.

I had a lot of fun doing this, and want to try it again. I wanted to use a lot of colors, but in the end, I think that was a mistake. I don't think mine came out as nicely as others I've seen. And in the areas where the color overlapped, I over-inked too far over.

I also cheated, because I drew lines around the oval dates on the top right hand side, didn't like how it looked, so I deleted the layer and started over. But if I had been doing this using paper and ink, I would've done about 5 or 10 of these before I got it right. :-(

All of the stamps are from Clipart ETC. (See the side of my blog for links.)

I used the following colors:

0f788e Teal Blue
f0d929 Sunflower Yellow
b18848 Copper (looks Gold)
e96f2c Pumpkin
b53886 Fuschia Pink
822135 Black Cherry
e05b78 Cherry Pink

14 comments:

Von said...

Glad you had fun tryng out the technique in a digital form great result :)
Thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von x☺

Carletta said...

I like the vibrant color!
I've been wondering if you print out your work to actually make ATC's to trade.

Judy said...

Wow, what a vibrant piece, Anne, fun trying new techniques, thanks for sharing the process!

Betty Manousos said...

so pretty creations!
i enjoyed reading about the process.
:)

Heathers Inspiration said...

This is Gorgeous, I Love your design and great explanation of how you created it x

Deborah said...

Amazing digital interpretation of the technique - and it looks brilliant. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

NatureFootstep said...

seems very intersting. Love what you did.

Neet said...

So glad you did an experiment with this technique and it turned out so beautiful. I would not have known it was not an original Stazon technique had you not told us.
A super card, thanks for entering our challenge,
Hugs Neet xx

chrissie said...

Very beautiful work on this-love everything about it

Best wishes Chrissie xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Brilliant color combinations and very effectively stamped.
Hugs Anja

Dagmar said...

it´s so fantastic - the colors so brilliant!

Redanne said...

This is such a lovely piece, did not think to use a mask on mine but will do if I try it again - thanks for the tip. Anne x

SanDee1899 said...

specatular!! Just wonderful
XOXO
SanDee

Sylvia said...

Fantastic ATC, love the vibrant colours.

Sylv xx