Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Sunday, February 17, 2013

"Key to my Heart" – Postcard


© All Rights Reserved
This week’s Sunday Postcard Art  challenge was “Key to my heart.”

I made a StazOn Color Technique piece for this challenge. This is the second time I've tried this.

Although my piece is digital, I followed the same techniques shown in the instruction video. I chose my stamps, then applied masks to maintain "keep out regions" for previously stamped areas. I used a sponge brush in GIMP to apply the ink colors.

Next, I simulated a white Gelly Roll Pen by drawing lines on top of the image after I was done coloring it. I thought the upper right hand corner looked a little bare, so I embellished it by drawing circles with the "Gelly Roll Pen."

Finally, I "cut out" typewriter key letters, determined where I wanted to place them, StazOn colored them, then "glued" them down.

All of the stamps are from Clipart ETC and the typewriter keys are from an image I found on the Internet. (See the side of my blog for links.)

I used the following colors:

0f788e Teal Blue
f0d929 Sunflower Yellow
b18848 Copper (looks Gold)
e96f2c Pumpkin
822135 Black Cherry
e05b78 Cherry Pink

15 comments:

Rosie said...

wow, Anne, this is a very beautiful piece of art.

Have a lovely Sunday

Ozstuff said...

Anne - if you go into your comments settings you can eliminate "anonymous". This makes a huge difference regarding spam. I don't think any spam has gotten through since I did this on my own blog and also at Take a Word and Three Muses.
Your postcard is beautiful and I really enjoyed reading how you are using Gimp. The effects are fantastic.

Deann said...

What a great postcard I love all the colors...wonderful work Anne!

Martina said...

A magnificent work of art, dear Anne! Unique and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous use of color and design, Anne! Love it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Electra said...

The colour in this is GORGEOUS!!!

SandeeNC said...

Love your postcard, and the colors are so vivid and bright! Nicely done! waving hi from the snow's already melted hills of North Carolina ♥

Michelle Webb said...

I love your digital art, I love the colours and the layouts are amazing. I'm your newest follower too. I'd love to see what you make in the future. Michelle xx

betty-NZ said...

Nicely done. Simple but amazing art!

Annie said...

The colors are amazing and those are great images. Awesome card!

sheila 77 said...

Great colouring. I like the text and I especially like reading about how you made it, that's fascinating and I'm going to have a look at this Staz-on technique.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning! Love the stamps you used and the gorgeous colourful background! beautiful!!

EG CameraGirl said...

I very much like how this turned out!

Mary said...

Wow Anne, this is so awesome and I love how you explained how you went about creating this wonderful artwork. Really love this!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful interpretation, love it very much!