© All Rights Reserved
I based my recipe on the Kraft recipe.
All of these recipes are very similar:
Mexican Wedding Cookies
Russian Tea Cakes/Cookies
2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened (Stop and Shop Sweet Cream Butter Unsalted)
1 cup powdered sugar
6 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. salt
2 cups finely chopped Pecans
4 cups flour
1 cup powdered sugar for coating
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) Beat butter, 1 cup of the powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3) Add salt and beat on medium speed.
4) Gradually add pecans, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended.
5) Gradually add flour, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended.
6) Use cookie scooper to drop dough, 1-1/2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 15 min. or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned. Time may vary based on your oven. Cool 5 min. on baking sheets. Roll warm cookies in remaining 1 cup powdered sugar until evenly coated; place on wire racks. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Makes about 96 cookies. (4 x 6 on 4 cookie sheets.)