Legal Notice


Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

This is an ad-free blog
zone. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this site.)

I indulged in Smoke and Mirrors, Double Meanings, Hidden Messages, Madness, etc., on my blog during May and June of 2018. But the unraveling began in March 2018.

Translate

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

"Hourglass Moon" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Three Muses challenge was "Time."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.4.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

Monday, July 16, 2018

"Arcana Pentacle Raven" - Wood Box

© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I made another gold Pentacle Raven wood box similar to this one, using a cigar box.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.4.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

Because everything in my design is old, I am entering it in this week's Tuesday's Treasures.


Materials:

cigar box

Martha Stewart Vintage Gold Metallic Paint (346 433 / M18121)

Delta (Plaid) Ceramcoat Gloss Interior Varnish

Steps:

I used Goo Gone to remove the labels from the cigar box, but there was still some stickiness left. I sanded those spots with fine sandpaper.

I painted the outside of the box with one coat of Martha Stewart Vintage Gold Metallic Paint and let it dry. (Note: to save paint, I only painted the outer edges where I would be applying decoupage panels.) I left the inside of the box unpainted. (I had wax paper underneath the box while I worked on it.)

I printed my Pentacle Raven box decoupage panels on card stock, then cut them out. I placed them on the dry box, and made fine adjustment cuts to them so that they would fit on the the box. (Note: I only needed to cut the front panel where the box latch was. The other panels fit as is.)

This time I did not allow 24 hours for the inkjet ink to dry completely on the card stock paper, before proceeding to the decoupage steps. (Note: the ink might have run a little, but not enough to ruin the appearance of the design.)

I applied a thin layer of Delta (Plaid) Ceramcoat Gloss Interior Varnish to the top of the box. I carefully lined up and placed the top decoupage panel onto the box. (Note: there is a very short period of time to adjust the panel a little bit, if it is slightly crooked.) I pressed all over the panel with my fingers to adhere it to the gloss coat and remove any air bubbles. (Note: maybe using the decoupage brayer roller would have been better.)

I waited for the top to dry, before repeating the decoupage "glue" step for the left side, front, and right side of the box.

I placed the box back on the wax paper and allowed time for it to dry.

I applied a thin layer of Delta (Plaid) Ceramcoat Gloss Interior Varnish to the top only, to coat the decoupage panel. (Note: Either because of the humidity in the air or not waiting long enough for the "glue" coat to dry, the top panel bubbled during this step. I used plastic wrap over my hand to press down on the bubbled areas to try to flatten them. When the panel dried, it was flat.)

I waited for the top to dry, before repeating the decoupage "coating" step for the left side, front, and right side of the box, to coat the decoupage panels. (Note: this first "coating" step is when the inkjet ink ran a little, but not enough to ruin the appearance of the design.) I also applied it to the back of the box and the visible lid edges, then allowed time for the box to dry.

Note: The front panel bubbled just like the top panel had. So I again used plastic wrap over my hand to press down on the bubbled areas to try to flatten them. This time the bubbles did not flatten, so I let the box dry a little, then placed the box with the back down and the front up. I put the plastic wrap over the front, then put books on top of that, to flatten the panel.

I waited until the next day to apply a second coat of Delta (Plaid) Ceramcoat Gloss Interior Varnish to the top, left side, front, right side, back, and visible lid edges of the box. (I chose not to coat the bottom of the box, nor the inside.)

I decided two coats was enough, and the box was done! (Note: I forgot to adhere my date created card stock paper to the inside of the box, so I did that as a final step.)

"Black Magic 2" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I made a Tarot Card themed piece.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.4.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

"Black Magic 1" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I made a Tarot Card themed piece.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.4.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

"Black Magic Death" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I made a Tarot Card themed piece.

I created this using GIMP 2.10.4.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

Saturday, July 14, 2018

"Beautiful Woman / Bohemian Girl" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Take A Word challenge was "Beauty."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.4.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

This is also my 3000th blog post.

"Italian Art Cat" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Cats."

I created this using GIMP 2.10.4.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)