Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, January 6, 2018

"Snow Queen" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

This week's Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Flourish / Swirls."

I made a cold Winter weather snow theme piece. An arctic air mass "buckle" has been in place for almost two weeks now. This weekend we have a wind chill advisory for daytime temperatures to feel like -5 to -10 F, and overnight to feel like -10 to -15 F.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.22.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

1/365 postcards for Project 365 Somethings in 2018. I think that challenge might be too overwhelming to try to do, and I'm starting it late.

10 comments:

Cindy McMath said...

This is a stunning piece Anne! I can’t even imaging that much cold for that long out here on the West Coast, although I did survive three Toronto winters awhile back. Thanks for your not and I also saw your other not about the 365 somethings. I don’t think you should let the date stop you - if you want to do it either make it 365 minus (days so far) or start it say January 15 and end it January 15. Or start on the 12th and make one extra thing each month. It doesn’t have to be done daily, although that’s what I’m trying to do. Hope you enjoy if you play along - it sounds kind of challenging but also fun!

Lori Saul said...

A beautiful snow queen with wintry flourishes Anne. A stunning card ! From your comment it seems you and I both started at exactly the same time at SPA. There used to be so many other challenges too-one for every day of the week. There were also a lot more bloggers then- I guess most have gone on to Facebook or whatever. I’m glad we are still apart of this challenge-I always have admired your beautiful “vintage style” art!

Rosie said...

Wow, Anne, a lovely postcard.

Happy 2018

CERULEAN said...

Thanks for your comments. It looks like your vintage winter queen is cold. But she is cool too!

yasmindeboo said...

A Lovely Postcard;

Deann said...

A magical background this is lovely...Keep Warm.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love the snow queen. xoxo

Mandy Chilvers said...

sounds freezing (literally!) I don't know just how cold *f is. And I couldn't find the symbol for degrees either.
love this postcard, it's incredibly atmospheric.
I love that you have been with me all this time. I cannot believe its 10 years!

peggy gatto said...

she is beautiful!!

hazel said...

A beautiful card, I love the Snow Queen.
xxx Hazel.