Legal Notice


Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

This is an ad-free zone blog. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this site.)

Translate

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

"Time 100 People of 2016" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

According to one of Glamour Magazine’s 2015 Women Of The Year Award winners, Bruce Jenner, "The hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear."

Because Bruce Jenner continues to make a mockery of women, transgenders, and homosexuals, while he fattens his wallet with the profits from his soap opera reality show (which I don't watch), I have started making spoof episodes of his show.

-----

The scene: The 2016 Time 100 Gala at Lincoln Center on April 26, 2016 in New York City.

Bruce (bats fake eyelashes and smiles):

I want to thank Time for naming me one of the 100 Most Influential People of 2016.

Wayne Maines said about me "letting America see you in such a vulnerable way is daring and admirable — not self-serving" and he was so right! That is why I kissed Candy Cane on my show, and why I still have not had the inversion surgery.

But my heroes are Kelly and Wayne Maines. When their son was only 2 years old, they started dressing him in skirts. Because of the courage of people like them, today our most important topic of discussion is which bathroom males can use, and not how many US soldiers came home from Iraq in body bags this week.

-----

My piece is a "cartoon" in the same vein as Charlie Hebdo cartoons.

I started with a white washed background similar to the one that I used in my Woman Of The Year piece. Then I added the foreground images and text.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.16.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

No comments: