Legal Notice


Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

This is an ad-free zone blog. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this site.)

Translate

Monday, April 18, 2016

"Will he, or won't he? Season Ending Cliffhanger" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

I thought prime time TV soap operas were something that existed in the past, but it turns out they are still being made, and have merely been rebranded as reality TV shows.

According to one of Glamour Magazine’s 2015 Women Of The Year Award winners, Bruce Jenner, "The hardest part about being a woman is figuring out what to wear."

This week, their spokesman, who is still anatomically a male, told a Doctor that the conversion surgery is "the most private thing" all while having his meeting filmed and subsequently aired on the latest episode of his soap opera reality show.

Because Bruce Jenner continues to make a mockery of women, transgenders, and homosexuals, while he fattens his wallet with the profits from his reality show, I made a spoof Season Ending Cliffhanger for the last episode of this season. (Spoiler Alert: he is never going to have the conversion surgery.)

I don't watch his show, nor follow him, but news reports keep appearing about him in the news section of sites that I go to for news (not entertainment). Not surprisingly, those same news sites can't be bothered to report on more substantive stories like the latest news about Jan Boehmermann.

-----

My piece is a "cartoon" in the same vein as Charlie Hebdo cartoons.

I started with a newly created white washed background similar to the one that I used in my Woman Of The Year piece. Then I added the foreground images and text.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.16.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

The fonts are:

Meiryo Bold
Segoe Print
Nina
Segoe UI Bold Italic
Arial Narrow Bold Condensed
Linowrite
Androgyne

No comments: