Legal Notice


Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

This is an ad-free zone blog. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this site.)

Translate

Thursday, April 28, 2016

"Ted Cruz - Lucifer in the Flesh" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)

Just when I thought the United States Presidential race could not get any more ludicrous, it did. In case you missed it in the news today, former Speaker of the House John Boehner called Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz "Lucifer in the flesh."

At this point, I am 99.99% sure that for the first time in my life, I will not bother to vote for the President, on election day, November 8, 2016.

In the past few presidential elections, I voted for the candidate who I thought would do the least amount of damage to this country. I was not voting "for" the candidate in the positive sense of the word. And Obama was the eye opening President who made me realize there is no difference between Republican and Democrat: Obama withdrew our troops on the Bush time table and Obama gave the NSA even more power than Bush did.

Yet vocal opponents of the Iraq War and illegal wire tapping under Bush's presidency, like Bruce Springsteen, became silent when Obama continued where Bush left off.

Trump has said he will torture prisoners worse than Bush did, and Trump is all for giving the NSA, FBI, etc. even more power to violate Americans' Constitutional Rights.

However, just as it is a certainty that the sun will rise in the East tomorrow, it is guaranteed that Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States, and she will continue where Obama left off.

Dotre

-----

My piece is a "cartoon" in the same vein as Charlie Hebdo cartoons.

I created this using GIMP 2.8.16.

The vintage images are from an Internet search. (See the side of my blog for links.)

No comments: