Legal Notice


Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

This is an ad-free zone blog. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this site.)

Translate

Sunday, January 18, 2015

"Waterboarding/Torture" – Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
(Click on image to enlarge)
This week’s Sunday Postcard Art challenge was "Quotes."

This is 2 of 2 pieces I created. The other piece can be seen here.

I don't normally make political statement artwork, but there are so many recent quotes justifying the United States Government's torture of humans, and so little outrage over it, that I couldn't refrain from using some of the quotes in my artwork.

And not many/any people look at my blog anyway, so it's almost like I'm posting these to myself. And as far as I know, the Constitutional First Amendment right to Free Speech still exists in the United States, although considering the Top Secret laws passed by the Government in the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC, also called the FISA Court) have eliminated the Constitutional Fourth Amendment right, I could be wrong.

Both of my pieces use United States President Barack Obama's quote, "We tortured some folks." (reference)

My first piece also quotes former United States Vice President Dick Cheney, who, when asked by interviewer Chuck Todd about "involuntary rectal feeding and rectal hydration" stated that it "was done for medical reasons." (Meet the Press)

However, Chuck Todd failed to ask Dick Cheney about "one prisoner later diagnosed with anal fissures, chronic hemorrhoids and "symptomatic rectal prolapse"." (reference)

I created this using GIMP 2.8.14.

The vintage images are from Enchiridion Rerum Criminalium (1554)

I slightly modified the "waterboarding" image (page 103) by adding the "Diego Garcia" sign on the wall . I significantly modified the "rectal feeding" image (page 110).

No comments: