Legal Notice


Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies.

This is an ad-free blog
zone. (See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this site.)

Translate

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Google Removed My Blog From Internet!

© All Rights Reserved

Around 9am EDT June 28, 2013, Google removed my blog from the Internet and locked me out of my account.

They did this under the guise of having detected "suspicious activity" on my account.

The only way they could have concluded that was by spying on my legal activities on my own computer!

What had I done, that attracted their attention? I used Tor on my computer, but I did not go to my Google blog nor my Google account from the Tor browser. (2013 Jul 01: "Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships.")

Yet when I later went to view my blog using a "standard" browser, the screen said the blog no longer existed!

Words can't begin to describe the emotions I felt, that the blog I have worked on since 2009 for artistic expression was gone! I had friends verify the blog was in fact gone from the Internet. When I attempted to login to my account, the screen said the account had been deactivated.

While I can understand Google deactivating my ability to login to my account due to their belief of suspicious activity on it, there was NO JUSTIFICATION to REMOVE my blog from the Internet! The account was locked, so there was no way I nor any nefarious person could make any changes to the blog.

I was subsequently able to restore my account and blog, but...

I should have expected such actions by Google, the disingenuous NSA collaborator that was spying on the Germans (and everyone else) using Street View. "Google has been accidentally gathering extracts of personal web activity from domestic wifi networks through the Street View cars it has used since 2007, it said last night."

And with regard to the NSA's domestic spying:

"The government assures us that it does not maintain a database of incidentally collected information from non-targeted United States persons, and there is no evidence to the contrary. On these facts, incidentally collected communications of non-targeted United States persons do not violate the Fourth Amendment."

The full text from that court ruling can be read here.

The Fourth Amendment

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

The First Amendment

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The font used for this piece is Catull and can be found here:

http://www.fontineed.com/downloads/13148_Catull_Regular.zip
http://www.fontineed.com/font/13148_Catull_Regular_download

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I know how you fell, this happened to me two years ago, and I know a lot of other bloggers who have had the same experience! Glad you are back on line! Valerie

magiceye said...

Anything goes in the name of security.

Phil said...

A strange and cautionary tale Anne. Now I probably need to visit "Tor" wahtever that is.

Leovi said...

I'm sorry that happened to you. Now that I am afraid the same thing happens. It is very hard to lose the work of four years! Best regards!

Kara said...

It seems ironic that this should happen less than a week before Independence day.

Carletta said...

I'm with Phil and have no idea what 'Tor' is. Not sure I'll visit there or google it. :)
My husband and I have discussed the 'spying' for weeks now. When you get emails or ads that appear along an amazon search of things you've previously viewed it's because your address is tracked.
There's way more spying by more than just the government that goes on everyday.
So sorry you were a victim.

NatureFootstep said...

how terrible :(

Shey said...

Sounds awful, I would be mad and frustrated at the same time too. Good to have you back.

pragmaticsoul said...

Wow, this is scary and a real headache, frustration, and turmoil to go through.

I'm glad you get your blog back!

lorik said...

Awful!!

die amelie said...

Unbelievable! I am glad that you could restore your blog's content and thus have us see your art for - let's hope - many many more years, but things like this shouldn't happen!

Best regards!

die amelie x