Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Friday, December 10, 2010

"Glitter Embossing" - Postcard

© All Rights Reserved
This week’s Three Muses challenge was “flowers.” This ended up turning into an experiment on how to create digital glitter embossing. I created the flowers using a GIMP script I wrote, then bump mapped them. I used a holly stamp for the background, and embossed it with glitter. I also did that to the cardinal.

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

WOW, gorgeous, Anne!

indybev said...

This is such a beautiful piece, Anne. I love the subtle coloration. I have never heard the term "bump map" and have no idea what it is, but your results are truly lovely to see!

johanna said...

so beautiful! i love cardinals, they are such pretty birds but unfortunately don´t live in my part of the world...

Taluula said...

Gimps and Bumps ... Miss Anne are you speaking in tongues!? Whatever language, I have to say I am uber impressed with the outcome. I keep thinking I should give GIMP a go and now I am sure I should.

Lori Saul said...

The wonderful glitter adds suc ha festive feel to this lovely piece Anne! Great work!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Love the embossing and glitter. Very hard to get the technique perfect!

selma said...

This is a beautiful and special piece.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

It looks beautiful.

Jeanette said...

Anne, this is gorgeous. Happy Holidays to you.