Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Saturday, June 13, 2009

"Over the Rainbow"

This week’s Sunday Postcard Art challenge was “Over the Rainbow.” The only thing I could think of was the song “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” from the Wizard of Oz. I googled the lyrics and used the words about “bluebirds fly” to come up with an idea for my theme. I created a double rainbow because I think they look cool when they occur. (Note: I misread the hint, which I thought only said “over the rainbow.")

16 comments:

Mary said...

This is beautiful! I love the color scheme and everything flows so well together.

Sandy said...

OMG this is absolutely beautiful.
Stunning work.

Ozstuff said...

Anne, this is gorgeous. I love the colours and the inspiration you have taken from the song lyrics. Just beautiful.

Willy said...

Wonderful creation, Anne!

Judy said...

Amazing background, Anne, love the effect - gorgeous card!

indybev said...

This is a beautiful interpretation of the challenge, Anne. I love your double rainbow!

Anonymous said...

its lovely.

Dianne Adams said...

Love your rainbows. Nice work.

Sue said...

This is lovely, your double rainbow is fab x

Martina said...

What a brilliant work, Anne. Fantastic colours and designs.
Thank you very much for your nice comments on my blog.

Fiona said...

Fabulous piece - I love those birds - it looks so serene

Terri Kahrs said...

So beautifully serene. The stunning simplicity of this is gorgeous!

Lori Saul said...

I love the simplicity and beautiful elegance of this piece! Birds do fly over the rainbow!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Mandy Chilvers said...

beautiful creation

joanne wardle said...

gorgeous, I love double rainbows too