Legal Notice

Legal Notice to all visitors: Google hosts this site and uses certain Blogger and Google cookies, including, but not limited to, Google Analytics and AdSense cookies. By remaining on this site, you are consenting to the use of Google cookies and other data collection by Google.

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster..." ― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

Definition of Bigot: a person who is intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

"When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind." ― C. S. Lewis

See Disclaimer of Endorsement at the bottom of this page.

Translate

Monday, June 8, 2009

"Mona Lisa"

This week’s first Three Muses challenge was “Mona Lisa.” The challenge was to alter her in some way. Boy, have I struggled with coming up with an idea for this one. In the end, I decided that maybe she’s tired of being altered, so I put her in a disguise.

21 comments:

Taluula said...

Well you did a great job, I would never have known it was her (ahem). I believe this is her 'get up' when she wants a night out painting the town red.

Wonderful and quirky and thanks for joining in the fun.

Willy said...

What a great idea, Anne!

Terri Kahrs said...

Traveling incognito, I see!!! What a fun piece!!! BraVo!

Diane said...

What a stich! Great idea, nicely done!

indybev said...

What an effective masquerade! I'd never have recognized her without a clue. Good job! Thanks for helping get our challenge off to a good start!

Ozstuff said...

This is so funny (and creative). I often what poor Mona must think of the liberties taken with her image. No wonder she just wants to sit on the wall and not be noticed. I love your take on the theme. Great work.
Thanks for joining in the challenge. Hope to see you back next week for "Doors".

Stacy said...

Fantastic! This is very clever and I love her hat!

Nan said...

This is too funny...Love it!

Sandy said...

Wow this is fun.
Brilliant design. I love them.

daisy said...

Ha Ha! I like your thinking!

The disguise is wonderful, especially that hat!

Wonderful!

AliMayes said...

Who is she kidding?!
Great work though!!
Ali xx

Ellen said...

so funny, that hat suits her very well

Karen said...

hahahahahahaha brilliant idea!!! X

Mary said...

This put a smile on my face :-)

nancy said...

I love it!!!! Hahahaha.

Martina said...

Funny and creative artwork. Cool !

~*~Patty S said...

too funny Anne, great take on the Mona theme!!!

Janny said...

This is great!!

Elizabeth Golden said...

Mr Potato head meets Mona - I absolutely love this - what a hoot. Very cool!

Yvonne said...

I still recognize you, Mona!

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant I love this, it is clever and funny. And by the way, se my previous comment, I tried three times yesterday to comment and did not manage, now I hope it will work...